A downloadable copy of this statement is available here.
Ashtead Plant Hire Co. Ltd is one of Britain’s leading equipment rental companies and forms part of FTSE-250 Company Ashtead Group plc. Continuous improvement and investment ensures we are able to provide the most comprehensive and modern range of equipment, supported by the highest levels of service in the industry. The organisation recognises it has responsibilities for the environment, health, safety, and to the local community.
It is therefore our company policy to:
- As a minimum, comply with all relevant health, safety and environmental legislation and other requirements to which we subscribe and to continually improve performance.
- Provide and maintain a suitable and safe working environment, safe systems and safe methods of work.
- Protect employees and others including the public, insofar as they come into contact with the company’s products and services.
- Provide all employees with the necessary information, instruction, training and supervision needed to ensure equipment quality, safe working practices are adhered to, and to develop quality, environmental and safety awareness amongst employees.
- Work in partnership with our employees, suppliers, customers and regulators to strive for excellent operational performance and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all employees accept their responsibility; to ensure the quality of equipment and services, to work safely by adhering to all quality, environmental and safety rules and procedures, to use safety equipment provided, and to participate in minimising environmental impacts and promoting safe working conditions.
- Encourage full and effective consultation between employee and management on all aspects of quality assurance, environmental management and health and safety.
To ensure the execution of this policy, a Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Management System has been established that complies with the international standard ISO 9001: 2008, 14001: 2004 and BS OHSAS 18001: 2007, this will ensure that management objectives and targets are established and reviewed on a regular basis. These will be based on commitment to five Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety (QEHS) principles:
- Prevention of pollution.
- Prevention of accidents and occupational ill health.
- Minimisation of energy, material usage, and the production of waste.
- Effective and responsible waste management and disposal.
- Delivering the highest industry standards for service and equipment quality. We will be the best in everything we do.
Ashtead Plant Hire Co Ltd will regularly review this policy for applicable improvements, communicate it to all employees and persons working on its behalf, and make it available to the public and all interested parties.