Critical insurance cover against loss or damage, specially designed for the hire industry and, in particular, our customers.
When you’re hiring equipment, it’s critical that you have insurance in place to provide adequate cover against loss or damage.
To help you avoid the inconvenience and potential logistical problems associated with sourcing equipment insurance from a third party provider, covering loss or damage, we’ve launched A-Guard Insurance - an insurance package which can be used to cover equipment hired from A-Plant* for only 15% of the hire rate of the equipment. A-Guard Insurance has been devised in conjunction with HAE (Hire Association Europe) Insurance Services and specialists HSB Engineering Insurance Ltd., so it is specially designed for the hire industry and, in particular, A-Plant customers.
Features and Benefits
- Cover for up to £100,000 for any one incident, with no single item limit
- Available for only 15% of the hire rate of the equipment
- Low excesses starting from as little as £25
- Covers loss or damage to A-Plant equipment, anywhere in the UK, including during transit. There are fewer restrictions under the A-Guard policy compared to most standard contractors' Plant and Contract Work policies
- A-Guard Insurance can be used to cover equipment hired from A-Plant* - from a compressor, dumper and generator to a powered access machine, small tools or welfare unit
Frequently Asked Questions
What is A-Guard?
It is an insurance package designed to protect our customers against loss or damage to A-Plant equipment while out on hire.
Why do you offer A-Guard and who can use it?
Historically, we have asked our customers to provide us with proof that they have insurance against theft, loss and damage for the equipment they hire from us. As some of the customers we trade with don’t have this, and need to source it from a third party, we have launched the A-Guard Insurance scheme to ensure that we can offer A-Guard to all our customers as a complete one-stop solution. A-Guard can be used by both cash and credit customers.
What is the 15% charge?
The charge for A-Guard is fixed at 15% of the value of the equipment hire.
What are the policy excesses?
If a claim is made, the following policy excesses will apply. Please note that no excess applies for claims involving theft of equipment fitted with an activated tracker.
|Up to £500||£25|
|£501 – £1000||£50|
|£1001 – £2000||£75|
|£2001 – £2500||£100|
|£2501 – £5000||£250|
|£5001 and over||£500|
It’s the complete one-stop solution.
*A-Guard is currently not available for products hired from our Leada Acrow division.