Sustainability plays a major role in our business and A-Plant is proud to be creating a positive impact through a range of environmental initiatives.
We base our environmental ethos on:
- Prevention of pollution including waste, fuel emissions and noise
- Minimisation of energy, material usage and the production of waste
- Effective and responsible waste management and disposal
- Continually improve performance and energy management
Our Purchasing Strategy is to select brand leaders and build responsible relationships to ensure our products meet all quality and health and safety requirements, continuity of supply and technical back up.
Our selection criteria includes environmental standards and our Purchasing Team will challenge all suppliers to state their environmental policy.
We work collaboratively with manufacturers and customers to secure the optimum balance between performance and environmental considerations.
Transport and Fuel
Our delivery fleet is operated on a four-year cycle to ensure we continually meet the latest European emission standards.
We also work in conjunction with our customers to ensure transport is maximised in bulk loads to save on fuel.
Our plant delivery vehicles are fitted with the new cheesewedge design, which is 38 per cent more fuel efficient and we are trialling the use of electric and gas vehicles such as the Edison electric van which is fully battery powered making it exempt from the London Congestion Charge.
- Our recycling rates are over 94%
- OCRS Scores - Green across all 9 O Licence Areas
- £50m planned investment on new vehicles in the next 5 years
- All new vehicles are Euro 6 Standard
- Additional Materials
- Waste & Recycling
- Supply Chain Sustainability School
The £1.5 billion Highways England Cambridge to Huntingdon Improvement Scheme is the biggest road improvement project currently taking place in the UK. Find out how A-Store - a secure, unmanned, self-service tool store that is accessible 24 hours a day, has been beneficial to the teams working on this project.