Hoist Installer - Hoist It
Job Reference: 1
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 190+ Service Centres nationwide and over 3,700 dedicated employees, its fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent services to over 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
Following the recent acquisition of Hoist-It Ltd, a specialist hoist business with over 34 years trading experience, we requireHoist Installers – Birmingham/Manchester/Leeds/Liverpool/North East areas. The role is required to join the UK's leading hire equipment organisation. Hoist-It, together with GB Access, are now the largest specialist hoist hire division in Europe operating as part of Ashtead Group, a FTSE 100 and can offer you excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Roles and responsibilities
As part of our external operations team, your primary role will be installing, dismantling and maintaining our hire fleet of rack and pinion construction hoists.
You will be based from home or depot depending on location and report directly to one of our Regional Operations Managers.
The successful candidate will require the following skills and experience:
- Have a demonstrated background in the construction hoist industry
- Hold a current / valid CSCS card / NVQ in Hoist Installation (minimum L2)
- Have proven working at height experience
- Have proven harness experience / training
- Clear communication & and reporting skills.
- Role requires unsociable hours as the business requires
- Must be flexible to work away from home as the business requires
- Able to work as part of a Team
- Skills, Training or Experience in a similar line of work such as IPAF Mastclimber or Tower Crane Industry would also be considered.
The following skills are advantageous but not essential at this stage:
- CPCS Slinger / Signaller Qualification
- CCNSG Passport To Safety Qualification
- Hoist Manufacturers product training
- Rescue / Harness / Working at Height Training
- Manual Handling Training
In return we can offer a competitive rate of pay, paid travel time, over time opportunities, enrolment into company pension, 21 days holiday per year + bank holidays and life assurance.
A-Plant are an accredited Living Wage Employer
We also offer a full personal development programme, PPE, all specialist tools required and a company van.