Job Reference: 23920
As the UK’s leading equipment rental company, with 185+ Service Centres nationwide and 3,600 dedicated employees, it’s fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
A Transport Coordinator is required to join the UK's leading hire equipment organisation. We form part of Ashtead Group which is a FTSE 100 and can offer you excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Roles and responsibilities
The role will involve the daily planning and co-ordination of transport movements for the service centre, including
- Managing issues relating to vehicle breakdown/repair and driver absenteeism.
- To understand and ensure that the team comply with all company and departmental rules, safe systems of work and quality procedures
- Ensuring company policies & procedures are enforced
- To oversee the complete transport / logistic operation to plan the workload on a daily basis.
- Physically assist in all aspects of the daily delivery operations if / when required
- To carry out annual driving licence checks, driver declaration forms and monitor vehicle tracking activities and reports.
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Highly organised and able to work under pressure.
- Confident and possess excellent communication skills as you will be dealing with people across all levels of the business and external suppliers.
- PC literacy, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is required
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.