HGV Driver - Edinburgh
Job Reference: 26039
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 190+ Service Centres nationwide and over 3,700 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to over 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
A HGV Driver is required to join the UK's leading hire equipment organisation. We form part of Ashtead Group which is a FTSE 100 and can offer excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Roles and responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the delivery and collection of plant hire equipment, adhering to all health and safety guidelines.
- You may be required to demonstrate the item’s operation to customers, so training to a good standard of knowledge of all A Plant’s equipment will be given.
- The completion of any relevant checks and related administration when delivering and collecting equipment.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all Company vehicles are driven safely, professionally and within the law at all times.
- As the public face of A Plant you will be well presented, communicate professionally with customers on site and promote the positive image of the business
- You will comply with current H&S legislation and Company specific health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- It is essential that you have good communication skills with the ability to influence and represent the Company in a positive manner.
- You will be a fully competent driver with a clean driving licence. You will be numerate, articulate and have immaculate attention to detail.
- It would be highly desirable if you are an experienced, hands-on candidate and hold the relevant qualifications including IOSH, First Aid, CSCS
- Class 1 / 2
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.
A-Plant are an accredited Living Wage Employer.