Credit Control Legal Administrator - Warrington
Job Reference: 26321
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 190+ Service Centres nationwide and over 3,700 dedicated employees. It's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to over 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
Are you looking for a part-time Credit Controller role with legal administrative responsibilities and ready to join a Company that really believes that people are the very heart of the business and really values your contribution? You may have heard of A-Plant Hire but did you know that we are part of the FTSE 100 company Ashtead Group plc, the second largest equipment rental company in the world?
We are continuing to experience an exciting period of company growth, so it’s a great time to join our friendly Credit Control team at Birchwood Park, Warrington.
Roles and responsibilities
In this interesting and really varied role, you’ll work closely with the Regional Credit Manager to manage the A-Plant legal ledger, ensuring that we are delivering an effective debt collection and enforcement service for the business.
Your duties will include:
- Dealing with new instructions from our Credit Controllers, reviewing files and determining the best course of action, including instructing solicitors where needed
- Liaising with Solicitors to ensure cases are moving forward, legal deadlines are adhered to and that we are achieving the best possible outcome
- Tracking and updating cases using Excel and maintaining information on legal costs, ultimately aiming to be cost neutral
- Checking cash and payments made and updating these on the legal ledger
The role involves communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders both internally and externally (Solicitors, Paralegals, debtors, senior managers and Depot employees) so you will need to have excellent communication skills and be confident, persuasive and resilient when dealing with the more difficult situations.
The role is considering both part-time and full time. Please specify your preferred working hours in your application.
If you are successful we’ll provide you with a comprehensive induction programme and work with you to identify your training and development needs.
What you’ll need to bring to the role:
- Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role in a commercial credit department
- Self-motivation with a collaborative, team working approach
- Ability to demonstrate excellent administrative/organisational abilities and a keen eye for details and accuracy
- Good problem-solving skills with an inquisitive mind-set
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work on own initiative
- IT literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Excellent communication skills at all levels and through a variety of channels – telephone, email and face-face
The package includes a competitive salary and an incentivised bonus scheme, a flexible rewards package including generous holiday allowance (with the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave), life assurance and a great Company pension scheme.