Workshop Supervisor- Fareham
Job Reference: 26358
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 190+ Service Centres nationwide and over 3,700 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to over 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
Are you an experienced Workshop Supervisor ready for your next career move to a Company that really values your contribution and can offer you award-winning training opportunities? People truly are at the heart of our business and we believe in empowering our colleagues to develop their skills, make decisions and take on new responsibilities.
You may have heard of A-Plant Hire but did you know that we are part of the FTSE 100 company Ashtead Group plc, the second largest equipment rental company in the world? We are continuing to experience an exciting period of company growth, so it is a great time to join our friendly team where you will play a key role in the Depot operations, helping to provide an outstanding level of customer service.
Roles and responsibilities
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Workshop Supervisor to run our busy Workshop and team of Fitters, ensuring that all targets are achieved and customers are satisfied with the Service. On a day-day basis you and your team will maintain, repair and prepare for hire all types of equipment within our range worth more than £1m
Daily Tasks will include;
- Places orders for spares and consumables in line with Company authorisation limits remaining within monthly and annual budgets.
- Prioritise the repair of equipment that is scheduled to go on-hire or is routinely in high demand by ensuring that no more than 5% of hirable assets are on repair at any one time.
- Ensure that all Pre-Hires are completed in a timely manner in line with customer order requirements
- Directly manages a team of Fitters being responsible for their performance and conduct at work.
If you are successful we’ll provide you with a full company induction and work with you to identify your development needs and career progression plan.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for someone who has the drive and motivation to succeed and share in the success of the business, along with:
- Experience of managing and developing a team of employees in a workshop environment
- Experience of maintaining relevant equipment in a workshop environment
- Experience of achieving targets and working within a set budget
- Good communication skills and IT literate
- Qualified to NVQ Plant Maintence Level 3 (or willing to undergo training and assessment to this level)
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.
A-Plant are an accredited Living Wage Employer.