Operations Coordinator - Croydon
Job Reference: 26807
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 190+ Service Centres nationwide and over 3,700 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to over 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming the employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
Live Trakway supplies temporary trakway systems, barrier and fencing, traffic management and security. We are a division of A-Plant which is one of the UK's leading rental equipment companies. A FTSE 100 company which offers superb training opportunities, a supportive working environment and scope for progression, we’re an employer of choice too
In 2016, the two market-leading Trakway companies in the UK merged together and have since enjoyed further and significant investment in hire equipment. As such, the business needs to enhance the support administration function to ensure appropriate hire utilisation and where necessary, expand in to new regions and territories to successfully grow the business and deliver a return on investment.
Key responsibility of the role is to provide the operations department with the best and most cost effective supply chain solutions possible whilst maintaining good supplier relationships and supplying the department with the support to carry out the operational activities on a day-to-day basis. This role is designed to give an enthusiastic and passionate individual, an opportunity to use their existing skill set and develop within the business as it continues to expand, supporting the business’ cradle to grave approach.
Roles and responsibilities
- Administrative support to operational team
- Daily management of security services, labour, plant, welfare
- Ensure that the standard approach of purchase is adhered to
- Monitor and implement purchasing policies as set out by Group
- Negotiation of supplier services to obtain the best price available without damaging the companies’ service levels
- Maintaining a good relationship with existing and prospective suppliers to enable fulfilment of client expectations
- Secure equipment as requested, raise orders and goods in
- Resolve invoice queries and damage issues
- Provision of weekly/monthly cost summaries to enable contractual end reports to be compiled
- Monthly supplier cost and performance reports
- Maintain supplier base to best in field standard
- Facilitate adding new suppliers in terms of obtaining the appropriate documentation
To be considered for this role, we’re looking for someone who has:
- Previous exposure within an administration role is essential, preferably in a busy office environment.
- Experience of utilising hire order and purchase order systems
- Process understanding and the ability to drive continual improvement.
- Ability to analyse data and provide reports.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Customer focus and a get it right first time attitude.
- Good numerical skills.
- Capable of producing accurate and on time reports.
- Sound financial understanding.
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme. If you feel you have the relevant experience, qualifications and skills to succeed in this exciting role then we would love to hear from you!
A-Plant are an accredited Living Wage Employer.