HGV Driver - Bridgend
Job Reference: 27017
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 190+ Service Centres nationwide and over 3,700 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
If you are an HGV Driver are you ready for your next career move? A-Plant is a Company that really values your contribution and can offer you award-winning training opportunities? People truly are at the heart of our business and we believe in empowering our colleagues to develop their skills, make decisions and take on new responsibilities.
You may have heard of A-Plant Hire but did you know that we are part of the FTSE 100 company Ashtead Group plc, the second largest equipment rental company in the world? We are continuing to experience an exciting period of company growth, so it is a great time to join our friendly team where you will play a key role in the Depot operations, helping to provide an outstanding level of customer service.
Roles and responsibilities
On a day-day basis you will be required to travel regularly to different locations being responsible for the delivery and collection of plant hire equipment.
- You may be required to demonstrate the item’s operation to customers, so training to a good standard of knowledge of all A Plant’s equipment will be given.
- The completion of any relevant checks and related administration when delivering and collecting equipment.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all Company vehicles are driven safely, professionally and within the law at all times.
- As the public face of A Plant you will be well presented, communicate professionally with customers on site and promote the positive image of the business
- You will comply with current H&S legislation and Company specific health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
If you are successful we will provide you with a full company induction and work with you to identify your development needs and career progression plan.
What you will need to bring to the role from day one:
- It is essential that you have good communication skills with the ability to influence and represent the Company in a positive manner.
- You will be a fully competent driver with a clean driving licence. You will be numerate, articulate and have immaculate attention to detail
- It would be highly desirable if you are an experienced, hands-on candidate
- Class 1 or 2 Licence required
The package includes a competitive salary and a flexible rewards package including generous holiday allowance (with the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave), life assurance and a great Company pension scheme.
If you would like to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry then apply NOW!!