Service Manager - Burton
Job Reference: APH007449
As the industry's recognised leading Plant and Tool Hire company, it's fair to say we are proud of our growing business. By working closely with our employees and customers we strive to provide a first class service and the results of our forward thinking approach speak for themselves.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
A Service Manager is required to join one of the UK's leading hire equipment organisations. As a FTSE 100 company, A-Plant can offer excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Roles and responsibilities
To lead the Tool hire express service centre team to meet Company operational performance targets whilst ensuring the highest possible standards of customer satisfaction and service. You will be responsible for:-
- Achieving all key performance indicators in a fast moving and busy environment.
- Maintaining effective relationships with the Sales team and other colleagues’ within the Ashtead Group.
- Maximising revenue and ensuring high quality service levels within a given cost budget.
- Managing staff issues, including employee relations issues.
- Mentor and develop staff.
- To collaborate with the Sales team in order to develop new sales opportunities and grow the business.
- To adhere to, promote all EHS compliance standards, and ensure all staff do the same to generate a safe working environment.
To be considered for this role, we’re looking for someone who has the following attributes:-
- Ability to understand and manage all aspects of Tool hire business including costs and budgets.
- Strong commitment to delivering high standards of customer service and operational excellence.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Computer literate. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience of tool hire or construction industry advantageous.
- Ability to build and develop a team
- Awareness of and sensitivity to wider strategic and commercial issues.
- Accredited by IOSH or prepared to undergo accreditation training and assessment.
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.