Head of QEHSS (Quality, Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability)
Job Reference: APH007468
As the industry's recognised leading Plant and Tool Hire company, it's fair to say we are proud of our growing business. By working closely with our employees and customers we strive to provide a first class service and the results of our forward thinking approach speak for themselves.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becomming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
A Head of QEHSS is required to join one of your UK's leading hire equipment organisations. As a FTSE 100 company, A-Plant can offer excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Roles and responsibilities
You will be responsible for the development of the strategic QEHSS plans and preparation of appropriate QEHSS systems and report into the Director of Risk Management. Within the role, you will lead and develop the QEHSS Compliance Managers and take time to identify critical business issues and trends to ensure that QEHSS procedures are revised in accordance with these.
Key elements of the role include:
- Leading and developing the QEHSS team to deliver the annual plan
- Improving client and stakeholder relationships by way of engagement through presentations, attendance to meetings, forums and workshops.
- Managing the budget and legal register
- Improving the operational efficiency and effectiveness of operations and relationships to reduce unwanted costs
- Ensuring execution & management of regulatory bodies
- Influencing the reduction of Employers & Public Liability claims
- Achieving target completion for audit scores
- Production of monthly reports to the Director of Risk Management
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the QEHSS sector
- A minimum qualification level required for the role is NEBOSH/ Techlosh level 3 in Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental. Certification in ISO 9, 14, 18 50001 awareness, implementation and auditing, certification in these covers 20121. A degree in EHS would be desirable.
- Membership to IOSH or MIIRSM as well as IEMA
- Experience of leading and managing a QEHS team
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.