Apprentice Driver - Smethwick
Job Reference: APR00022
A-Plant is one of the UK's leading rental equipment companies. A FTSE 100 company which offers superb training opportunities, a supportive working environment and scope for progression, we're an employer of choice too.
As a Top 100 Employer of apprentices, with over 140 across the UK, A-Plant has an excellent apprenticeship programme which is growing each year and we want you to be part of it!
We are currently recruiting for apprentice drivers to join us to embark on a 2- year Apprenticeship Programme.
Roles and responsibilities
Based in one of our Service Centres, working with one of our qualified and experienced drivers, you will work towards achieving:
- Driving Qualification.
- Fork Lift Truck Licence.
- Large Goods Vehicle Licence.
You will learn to:
- Deliver pre-ordered equipment to customers.
- Ensure all the relevant paperwork is handed to the customer at point of delivery.
- Ensure your vehicle is ready before you go out on the road.
- Work with the Hire Desk to ensure all the cutomer orders have been delivered.
The right candidate should possess the following skills:
- Ability to carry out instructions.
- Adhere to Health & Safety.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Full driving licence essential.
- Must have GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
As well as being part of an award winning apprenticeship team, you will receive a-
- Starting salary of £10,500.
- Yearly salary increase.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Annual incentives.