Plant Maintenance Apprentice - Stockton
Job Reference: APR00038
A-Plant is one of the UK's leading rental equipment companies. A FTSE 100 company which offers superb training opportunities, a supportive working environment and scope for progression, we're an employer of choice too.
As a Top 100 Employer of apprentices, with over 140 across the UK, A-Plant has an excellent apprenticeship programme which is growing each year and we want you to be part of it!
We are currently recruiting for plant maintenance apprentices to join us to embark on a 2 year Apprenticeship Programme.
Roles and responsibilities
The apprentice programme combines 'block release' training at Reaseheath College, a specialist facility in Cheshire, with on-the-job training in a Service Centre near your home. You'll usually attend college for four weeks out of every twelve working towards a plant maintenance qualification. However, you'll recieve travel expenses, accommodation, food and lots of support whilst you're there.
The rest of the year, you'll be a key member of one of our Service Centre teams learning to:
- Maintain and repair plant and other large machinery.
- Capture and identify machine damage and ensure clear lines of communication are maintained with both manager and customer.
- Ensure the workplace and working environment is kept to a high standard and in line with company procedures and processes.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive service and maintenance records.
- Assist work colleagues as and when required.
The right candidate should possess the following skills:
- Ability to carry out instructions.
- Adhere to Health & Safety.
- Good Communication and listening skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
Must have GCSE Grade C or above ( or equivalent) in Maths and English.
As well as being part of an award winning apprenticeship team, you will receive-
- Starting salary of £10,500.
- Yearly salary increase.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Annual Incentives.