A-Plant Acquires Hoist-It
Late last year A-Plant acquired Hoist- It which specialises in the provision of hoists from one location in Wigan, Lancashire.
This was a really exciting acquisition for us as Hoist-It is a well known and respected hirer of passenger and good hoists. The Hoist-It range perfectly complements our existing FLG Services and GB Access range of hoists and extends our offering and expertise in vertical transportation of operatives and materials.
To help ensure everything remains very much business as usual, Hoist-It is continuing to operate under its own name from the company’s existing base and all Hoist-It staff have been welcomed to the A-Plant family.
- Hoist-It was established in 1985
- The company is continuing to operate under its own name and existing base in Wigan, Lancashire
- Over 50 members of staff work for Hoist-It. All are now fully fledged A-Plant colleagues
- The company offers a range of hoists from lightweight capacity goods hoists through to the very latest largest capacity passenger/material hoists available
- The fleet primarily consists of Alimak Hek hoists
- Market sectors include construction, demolition work, fitout projects, new build work, slipforming concrete structures, refurbishment and roofing projects
- Specialist applications for Hoist-It products include industrial turnarounds, petrochemical shutdowns, power station outage, permanent cement works, railways, highways, refractory relining works, shipyards and offshore work, waterways and work in semi-permanent warehouses
- Hoist-It has been instrumental in helping raise industry standards, and is an active member of the Construction Hoist Interest Group (CHIG) which operates as a Specialist Interest Group run by the Construction Plant-hire Association (CPA), the leading trade association for plant hire in the UK
- Original Hoist-It founder Gordon Gedling was also one of the original founders of the Construction Hoist Interest Group back in 1996